About the Attorney General’s Office
The duties of the Attorney General are outlined in ?7-5-1, et al. The approximately 260 members of this office are dedicated to supporting those legislative mandates, all with the greater goal of serving the public. We do that in a variety of ways:
- Domestic Violence Services
- Civil Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Crime Prevention and Victim Services
- Criminal Litigation
- Fighting Internet Crime
- Medicaid Fraud Investigations/Prosecutions
- Issuing Opinions
- Training Prosecutors
- Public Integrity
- Representation for over 60 State Agencies
- Recovery of Stolen or Misused Funds
- State Agencies
- The AGO maintains offices for all the Mississippi state agencies.
- Sunshine Laws
- Mississippi has a Public Records Act and an Open Meetings Act, otherwise known as ?sunshine laws.? These laws provide that all government meetings and records except those specifically exempt must be open to the public.
Download Our 2006 Annual Report.